Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Bananas


I went to the grocery store today and found a large bag of bananas on clearance for $1.49. I love bananas. This bag had 20 bananas in it. Usually when I buy them like this there are overripe and I use them to make banana bread. But these were still firm. So I shared a few with my mom and then I made Banana Pudding for supper. The remainder I will make bread with tomorrow. Here is the recipe for the Yummiest Banana Pudding.


3/4 cup sugar,divided

1/3 cup flour

1/8 tsp salt

2 cups milk

3 eggs,separated

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 package vanilla wafers

5 bananas,sliced


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix 1/2 cup sugar,flour and salt in 3 quart pot. Blend in 3 egg yolks and milk. Cook over medium heat for 10 to 12 minutes, stirring constantly. When mixture has thickened remove from heat and add vanilla.

Layer wafers,bananas, and pudding in an oven proof dish.

Beat egg whites on high until soft peaks form while gradually adding 1/4 cup of sugar. Beat until stiff peaks form. Spread over the pudding mixture. Bake for 15 minutes.

No comments: